A Learning Content Management System (LCMS) usually has a built-in Authoring Engine for development of content packages, ready for delivery. We can help you leverage the power of the Authoring Engine in your LCMS for rapid development of custom content.
- End to end development (including storyboarding) using LCMS templates
- Point production
- Template enhancement
- LCMS administration:
- Course integration
- Course management
- User management
- Course deployment
Case Study: Interactive Courses using HTML5 authoring framework
Industry/Domain: Training and Development
Customer: A prominent eLearning course and platforms provider
Project Title: Interactive courses using HTML5 authoring framework
Target Audience: Sports Community: Players, coaches, and officials; Parents and spectators
- Develop several reusable templates to facilitate the use of different types of interactive learning experiences for users.
- Develop several graphical assets that align with the design standards of the LCMS.
- Build several interactive courses as per the storyboard using the templates and graphical assets available in the LCMS library.
- Perform testing to validate storyboard adherence, LCMS tracking and learning experiences.
- Develop course components that load quickly over low-bandwidth connections, and that are compatible with desktops, tablets and mobile browsers.
- Develop reusable course templates and graphical assets with a stable set of design standards that provide a consistent and stable learning experience.
- Building the course components as per the tracking, messaging and error handling mechanisms of LCMS.
- Developed a reusable content template library through the HTML5 editor using HTML, Java Scripts and CSS. These templates are compatible with multiple browsers – Desktop and Mobile versions.
- Developed graphical assets that were visually rich but light in size. This helped each graphic to load very fast.
- Defined the course structure for each course and its respective modules, and the module pages.
- Developed each page using a combination of the following templates:
- Static Content: Text panels, Image panels, Video, Audio, Hyperlinks.
- Interactive content: Accordion/Tabs, Slideshow, Hotspots, Flip Tile, Drag and Drop.
- Assessments: Quiz, Poll, Video case study, Free Text input.
- Prominently performed the following types of testing:
- Course performance (load testing, error handlings etc.).
- Browser compatibility.
- Content mapping against the storyboard.
- Learner experience over interactivities, usability testing, UI, navigation etc.
- Assessment passing criteria.
- LCMS tracking on course completion, status, bookmarking and assessment score.
- Testing report was built capturing the following components:
- Checklist: Covered the testing criteria and the sequential flow of activities that were followed to test each course.
- Test Results: Each result (Pass or Fail) was substantiated with description, screen-grabs, page references etc.